Turret punch tooling from Prima Power is produced by Pass Stanztechnik AG. We can offer thick turret tooling for Prima Power machinery, along with other manufacturers using thick turret tooling. Having this relationship with Pass has allowed Prima to develop their own special tooling which other manufacturers do not have or cannot use.
Prima Power tooling is made standard with HPM® powdered steel, not tool steel. Powdered steel is known to have a longer tool life than tool steel, tests have shown an up to 30% longer life time. Other manufacturers offer powdered steel as an option, Prima Power offer it as standard.
In addition, we can offer the thick turret style tooling to users of other machine brands such as Amada.
Prima Power turret tooling is produced according to a very high and sophisticated technical standard with the following features –
- The Prima Power punch body is made of HPM® powdered steel and produced with soft head in order to prevent breakage
- HPM powdered steel has an approximately 30% longer life time than tool steel
- Stippers are produced from highly-tempered steel and nitrogen hardened
- Dies are generally made with slug stop (except part production or on customer’s request). In special cases dies can be produced with slug-snap.
- Punches can be coated with TICN coating for working with Stainless Steel, A-Max coating for Aluminium or T-Max coating for galvanised/zinc sheets
- Polishing can be completed on punches for even longer life time