Prima Power BCe Panel-Bender offers the well-known EBe Express Bender benefits, namely – precision, flexibility, and high surface quality. All of this occurs within a semi-automatic construction. Loading the part is the only operation performed manually, an easy task due to the user-friendly design.
Further to this, BCe provides production capacity for single-piece and small batches as well as serial manufacturing. Prima Power BCe Panel-Bender also enlarges bending capability to the previously impossible applications. It allows the production of fully perforated components with large or high forms and large openings.
The operator loads the part while the machine performs the unloading; therefore, this results in reduced cycle time.
Servo-Electric Panel Bending
Servo-electric machines outperform hydraulic ones when bending accuracy is necessary. Energy efficiency is an essential requirement for modern facilities; therefore, servo-electric technology is ideal for manufacturing complex or multi-piece parts.
Servo technology therefore provides:
- Outstanding overall bending results.
- Extremely high energy efficiency.
- Reduction in production cycle times.
- Reducing the environmental footprint.
Traditional bending technologies generally use hydraulic solutions. For example, hydraulic punching machines and press brakes require large cooling systems to cool the hydraulic oil. These large cooling systems are therefore expensive to run and maintain.
For this reason, Prima Power proved to be far ahead of the times, applying the servo-electric concept to its machines more than 15 years ago. Prima Power introduced this critical technology to provide sustainability, manufacturing efficiency, and productivity.
Highlights of the BCe
- Excellent bending accuracy and surface quality with high repeatability.
- Very low maintenance cost ( – 65%) compared to hydraulic technology.
- Customizable using the wide range of Prima Power options such as automatic tool change, additional upper tool, additional short blade, etc.
- High productivity – loading operation is performed at the same time as the unloading cycle, therefore an overall shorter cycle time.
- No skilled operator needed, still maximum productivity.
- Reliable, accurate operation – automatic clamp feeder moves the part to be bent from the table to the manipulator.
- Higher operator efficiency – automatic pusher conveyor (LBN) unloads bent parts to the unloading table with automatic buffer function.
- Fully automatic set-up between different components (with ATC).